Pesca- What?

               I've been so busy for the past few years,  i haven't  had enough time to keep up with this blog, but that is about to change. I am back! I will be writing about my food and travel adventures. I dont think i will do doing a lot of traveling for the first part of this year, so most posts will be about food. Now, i am neither a food connoisseur nor a chef, but i love food (cooking and eating it). I hope to someday become a food critic, or a famous food and travel writer/journalist.
                 Last year i decided to go on a pescaterian diet. Initially, i wanted to be vegetarian, but i failed, miserably. I figured i could manage a pescatarian diet because i love fish, a healthier substitute for  meat. So far, I'm doing very well and I'm proud of how disciplined i have been. I must admit there are many challenges i have and continue to encounter, but i am now learning how to deal with and overcome them. First of all, people don't understand the term 'pescatarian,' they basically think it means a fake vegetarian. "But fish is meat!" they say, "I am also a vegetarian, but i eat meat," One of my "friends" said bursting into laughter. I have had to endure all the ridicule and eye rolling of people who don't understand why i would subject myself to such cruelty. "I cant imagine not eating meat, i would die!" they say. Sometimes, i dream that i have a juicy steak in front of me, and i'm no longer pescatarian. Others ask, "Is it because you want to lose weight?"  "But you are already skinny!" "Is this because of your religion?"
                 My close friends initially doubted if i'd be able to keep up with my diet. I have been pescatarian for a year now and most of them are surprised  that i am actually commited to it. I love the diet, i don't really feel different from the time i used to eat meat but at least i know i'm eating healthier now. I also know how to deal with all these questions now . Just yesterday, one of my co-workers asked me how i get my proteins and i almost bust out into song. "Beans! beans! nothing but beans! Chick peas, split peas, lima beans and lentils!" (in the tune of  the witch's song from the musical into the woods). I don't know if i'll  be pescatarian for the rest of my life ( i don't think so), but  right now i am enjoying it. I might try  other different  diets just for the fun of it. I hope you can join me on this journey as well as many other to follow.
Cheers,
Jus K.

Comments

Popular Posts