5 REASONS WHY HIIT IS THE BEST WORKOUT



High-intensity interval training (HIIT) describes any workout that consists of intense bursts of activity followed by short periods of less-intense activity or even complete rest. An example of a HIIT workout would be doing as many burpees as you can in a 1 minute and then doing high knees for 2 minutes.  This cycle of 3-minute workout can be repeated about five times for a 15-minute, calorie-torching workout. This workout revs up your metabolism and enables your body to keep burning calories way after your workout ends. This is why it is one of the most effective workouts for weight loss. Here are reasons why you should start doing HIIT workouts today.
Efficiency
Because of efficiency in burning fat within a short period pf time HIIT is the ideal workout for people with a busy schedule—especially for people who short of time to work out during the day and those who are trying to get in shape within a short period of time. Research shows that 15 minutes of interval training (done three times a week) is more effective in weight loss compared to the results you would get jogging on the treadmill for an hour within the same period of time. That is great news for most of us with busy schedules! So no more excuses for not working out. You don’t need a whole hour in order to workout efficiently.  In fact, using the Tabata training method, you can complete an effective HIIT workout in just 4 minutes!
Fat Burning
HIIT will help your body burn more fat in less time. Because the intense exertion on your body during a HIIT workout, your body’s repair cycle goes into overdrive.  This causes your body to start burning fat for energy instead of carbs. Additionally,  scientific research shows that your body will continue to burn more fat and calories up to 24 hours after your HIIT workout’ compared to how much fat you will burn after a steady paced workout such as a steady run. This makes HIIT an ideal workout option for people wanting to lose weight ‘quickly.’
No Equipment Needed
HIIT workouts mainly use only your body weight, because the focus is on getting your heart rate up and keeping it there. For example, cardio exercises such as burpees, high knees, jumping lunges and high knees increase your heart rate very quickly and you don’t need any equipment to perform these activities. The secret to reaping the benefits of HIIT  is to push your heart to perform at its maximum performance.
Increased metabolism
The combination of high intensity and interval training results in EPOC (Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) which speeds up your body’s metabolic rate. HIIT provides a metabolism boost for up to 48 hours after you complete a HIIT routine. This means you’ll still be burning fat even 48 after you’ve completed your workout. In addition to increased fat burning, HIIT stimulates the production of the human growth hormone HGH by up to 450 percent during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is great news because in addition to increase in fat burning HGH is only responsible for slowing down the aging process. This means that HIIT can make you feel younger and look younger.

You Can Do It Anywhere
Can’t afford to pay for a gym? No worries. You can do it in your bedroom. Travelling for work and out of town for a week? No worries, you can do HIIT workouts in your hotel room or a park. No more excuses for missing your workout. The most important things is to exercise and complete each workout at maximum effort for a short period of time followed by a recovery period, then repeat the cycle—The workouts can be adapted according to your time and space availability.

Have you tried any HIIT workouts? do you enjoy them? or do prefer low intensity and slower paced workouts? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay Healthy, Stay Fit!

Comments

  1. HIIT is awesome! I love doing it with my jump rope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can do HIIT anywhere! Definitely one of my favorite workout styles!

    Cynthia
    https://curatedbycynthia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this before and it is a killer! It's really exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an OrangeTheory enthusiast myself. I didn't think I'd like it, but I was very quickly addicted. Great workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The no equipment required would be the best come on for this. VERY NICE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am struggling to keep my weight controlled and tried so many exercise program. I had tried this one - high intensity workout and really it icould thirst you right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried it. I'd like to give it a try, though. Will check it out. -LYNNDEE

    ReplyDelete
  8. HIIT seems to be very effective....I haven't tried it before but now thinking of giving one chance....Mentioned reasons are awesome.... it seems much interesting too.... (World in Eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of HIT but I like that it can be done anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think HIIT has a lot of benefits to your health, even if you're just exercising in a short period of time. I' d love to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'am starting to do workout for losing weight I do some exercise and working my diet this HIIT sounds new for me so I would love to check this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly I have never heard of HIIT. So I learned something new after reading this post. I have more time to workout now so I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard of HIIT but never tried it, but it sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts