EXPECTATIONS FOR MARTELL’S


Eating out is a trend that is becoming popular to many groups of people, students and the working class. I have never really been interested in eating out but I am learning and beginning to appreciate the idea with all the pros and cons surrounding it. Initially, whenever I heard someone talking about eating out, I would always think of fast food. My reasoning? Why would you want to eat out unless you don’t have time to wait for foods that take long to cook? I have now come to appreciate the fact that there are restaurants that try their utmost to serve real cooked food unlike the fast food stores. Restaurants are also great place for many different activities that cannot be done at home such as reunions with friends, private dinner dates and many other possibilities.

A friend suggested I try Martell’s, which he described as an upscale restaurant with a great atmosphere, service and most of all tasty food. This will be my first time in non-fast food American restaurant so I don’t know what to expect in terms of the quality and variety of food. The only other restaurants that I have been to are Panera and Wendy whose menus are dominated by sandwiches, burgers and salads. From the little data I managed to collect, I m expecting a very fancy and expensive restaurant which is a little bit intimidating for me who is not used to eating out. I think the food will mainly consist of American traditional dishes, with many dishes containing cheese. Being upscale and fancy, I expect really good service from the waiters, ready to take our orders and help us through out our dining experience. I really don’t think it will be crowded like other fast food restaurants, but rather a few people in a calm and relaxed atmosphere eating and drinking with some classical music playing in the background.

I am not really sure about the location of the restaurant but I think it is a big restaurant with fancy windows, tables, chairs and other decorations that appeal to high-class people. I will be going with my friend who is really excited about it because he has been there before. He was there last summer, I am pretty sure things will be a bit different now that we are going in winter, so I m a bit skeptical about relying on all the information he has given me about the place. I was worried that since we made the reservations on Friday, the earliest we could get is Sunday, but I am glad that we managed to get a reservation for Saturday. I am really looking forward to this experience. My first time dining out in an American restaurant that does not specialize in fast food.

Comments

  1. This is good pre-writing, but where's you review, Justina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justina,

    It would be cool to compare your expectations with your food review. Even if you are person who doesn't go out to eat very often, this experience would be special because you will focus in the food, and the place, the athmosfere,the service. Would be a different! Don't be nervous and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts